* * *noun1. a group of illnesses caused by a viral infection (usually restricted to a specific geographic area); fever and gastrointestinal symptoms are followed by capillary hemorrhage• Hyponyms:↑Argentine hemorrhagic fever, ↑Ebola hemorrhagic fever, ↑Ebola fever, ↑Ebola, ↑Lassa fever, ↑Crimea-Congo hemorrhagic fever, ↑Rift Valley fever, ↑Marburg disease, ↑Marburg hemorrhagic fever, ↑green monkey disease2. 30 to 300 megahertz• Syn: ↑very high frequency• Hypernyms: ↑radio frequency• Part Holonyms: ↑electromagnetic spectrum
* * *abbreviationUsage: often not capitalizedvery high frequency
* * *See very high frequency.Also, vhf, V.H.F.
* * *abbrevVery high frequency
* * *very high frequency: a range of radio waves that produces good sound qualityThesaurus: television and radio waveshyponym well-known television and radio programmes and charactershyponym
* * *VHF (no periods), V.H.F., or vhf (no periods),very high frequency (of or having to do with the electromagnetic spectrum between 30 and 300 megahertz, especially with reference to radio and television transmission and reception).
* * *abbr. very high frequency, denoting radio waves of a frequency of about 30 - 300 MHz and a wavelength of about 1 - 10 meters
* * *abbrvery high frequency — used for a range of radio waves that is used in broadcasting, communications, and navigation
* * *VHF [VHF] [ˌviː eɪtʃ ˈef] [ˌviː eɪtʃ ˈef] abbreviationvery high frequency (a range of radio waves used for high-quality broadcasting)
a VHF transmitter
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
VHF — (el. vhf) (fork. for very high frequency) … Dansk ordbog
VHF — or vhf abbrev. very high frequency … English World dictionary
VHF — sigla ES ingl. Very High Frequency, altissima frequenza … Dizionario italiano
VHF — [ˌvi: eıtʃ ˈef] n [U] technical very high frequency radio waves that move very quickly and produce good sound quality … Dictionary of contemporary English
VHF — [ ,vi eıtʃ ef ] noun uncount very high frequency: a range of radio waves that produces good sound quality … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
VHF — 1932, acronym of very high frequency … Etymology dictionary
VHF — (very high frequency) n. range of radio frequencies between 30 and 300 megahertz … English contemporary dictionary
VHF — DEFINICIJA krat. tehn. područje elektromagnetnih frekvencija koje se koriste za emitiranje (radiovalovi od 30 do 300 Hz); vrlo visoka frekvencija, usp. UHF ETIMOLOGIJA engl. Very High Frequency … Hrvatski jezični portal
VHF — ► ABBREVIATION ▪ very high frequency … English terms dictionary
VHF — Très haute fréquence La bande des très haute fréquence (very high frequency/VHF) est la partie du spectre radioélectrique s étendant de 30 MHz à 300 MHz, soit de 1 à 10 m de longueur d onde. Sommaire 1 Propriétés générales 2 Alloc … Wikipédia en Français
VHF — See very high frequency. Also, vhf, V.H.F. * * * ▪ communications in full Very High Frequency, conventionally defined portion of the electromagnetic spectrum including any radiation with a wavelength between 1 and 10 metres and a… … Universalium